Always Fighting for the Love of My Life

Edward J. Demyan; Pancreatic Cancer Victim; Supported and written by MaryKaye Mackulin, who loved him.
RIP my sweet man ... 1963 - 2011





Friday, August 26, 2011

Sincere Thank You

As I have been overwhelmed this last week, I have not started working on the many, many Thank You notes that need to be sent.

Every day this week, my mail box has had no less than 6 cards each day - personal gifts dropped off - dinner delivered to me twice - and countless other messages by phone or e-mail;  I just wanted to let you all know that it is greatly appreciated and such a tribute to what a great man Ed was, and continues to be on the other side.

My family - you rock in ways that cannot even be explained, you know who you are....  We are so lucky to be blessed with such a loving, warm, funny and supportive family.   There is not one of you that I do not love unconditionally and I would do anything for all of you - this includes my Barsa Boys  as well...   Thank God for you all.  You will all get Paige and I through this sad and grief filled time.

Our friends - gee, you rock in ways that cannot even be explained, you know who you are...   I mean, you are more than friends, you too, are family...  Ed and I enjoyed every minute we spent with you all these past 17 months...  your support and friendship made this battle bearable and brought us so much laughter at a time when it could have been hard to find - it was not, there was always joy and love.

To the Pella Peeps - you need to wear that logo - the support you showed Ed was amazing.  He loved his job, he was so sad that he couldn't come back to work.  Each one of your cards and the number of Pella people who came to the wake (I cannot believe that was one week ago) was incredible. 

I will get to the official Thank You's soon, I promise, just please be patient and know that every card, phone call and private message is greatly appreciated.

I miss him terribly and every night at 10 p.m. when my phone doesn't ring, things just don't seem quite right in this world.  I feel like he is just at his Brooklyn house, as we only lived together 50% of the time.  Ed spent 7 days in Brooklyn, then 7 days with Paige and myself in Strongsville...  Surely not the ideal living situation, but Ed would never have taken his children out of their environment and, of course, we thought it would only be that way until 2014, when we would have gotten married.  In some ways now, I think it was a blessing that I only had him every-other week, the alone time doesn't seem as bad as I thought it would.  And, ironically, it's not so much the not "seeing him" as it is the not "hearing him"...  God I miss that booming voice, which would just piss Paige off to no end in the mornings when he would be on the phone with his friends.  You just keep thinking, I want five more minutes just to talk to him...  just 5.  Not to be.

So, thank you everyone for your continued love and support....   I promise something will be coming in the mail soon.

Peace, MK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment will be reviewed prior to publication; all comments that are non-offensive will be published as submitted.