Always Fighting for the Love of My Life

Edward J. Demyan; Pancreatic Cancer Victim; Supported and written by MaryKaye Mackulin, who loved him.
RIP my sweet man ... 1963 - 2011





Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What an Awesome Day!

It was such a bitter sweet long weekend...  This was Ed's weekend, This was the kick off to summer which he loved so much...  This was hangin' out with friends and fishing and sitting in the sun... This was everything that he was.  There were a lot of tears this weekend too.  But there was love and friendship and all the good things that summer in Cleveland brings!  No ribs, but I'll hit one of the burn-offs soon enough!  And it was HOT, too hot for me - Ed would have loved it!  It was never "too" hot for him...  he hated the cold more than anyone I've ever known...  even my re-located-to-the-South-cause-I-hate-winter cousins!  Speaking of which, our new family member should arrive this week....  Can't wait to hear the good news that baby-boy R has been deposited safely on earth in Charlotte, NC....  great excuse to go for an 8 hour drive!

So happy that I also finished my goodies for our PurpleStride 2012 Team Members...  I may need a team co-captain to help distribute said goodies to the team while I'm doing whatever it is necessary that morning to be ready for our big event!  Our Team hit the #59 mark and I could not be more thrilled (well, I could be - like, if we hit 80 and topped last years number, but I know that is not a realistic number this year - maybe 2013).   I cannot believe we are sooo close to the day!  Excited and nervous and anxious and excited, and did I say, excited!  One small issue, hoping it turns into a non-issue, we will see.  Can't predict the future now can we.  Everything will work out just like it is supposed too!  Because I have faith ...

The Kid is in the midst of the spring soccer tournament, and are these gal's playing some tough ball... I mean to tell you that yesterday that team played about as hard as you can for a 1-0 victory.  All very exciting...  They will play another game Thursday, and looks like they will be making the Championship game on Friday evening - she is so excited (it's really quite sweet to see these teenagers act like little kids sometimes).  She also has orientation on Thursday evening into her vocational program for her Jr. year...  we are very excited and nervous about this as well...  hope it goes fast so she can be at the soccer field before that game starts...  nothing like showing up to orientation in your soccer uniform & cleats.  Never a dull moment.

I worked my second farmers market (Tremont Farmers Market, Cleveland) yesterday to promote awareness and education for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network and it went really well.  I figure by the time the last market rolls around in October, I will have it down to a science.  Two of my sweet friends stopped by to say "hello" and I love when that happens!  Ray was nice enough to snap a photo!  It was a great evening all around from market to soccer game!

Happy Summer everyone....  Nothing like being on the North Coast in summer time!  MK

PS - still haven't taken his cell number out of my phone, just can't hit that delete button, every time I try I hit cancel... soon though, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment will be reviewed prior to publication; all comments that are non-offensive will be published as submitted.