Always Fighting for the Love of My Life

Edward J. Demyan; Pancreatic Cancer Victim; Supported and written by MaryKaye Mackulin, who loved him.
RIP my sweet man ... 1963 - 2011





Thursday, April 26, 2012

Moving Forward

This blog is a MUST read!  Michelle can sum-up words so beautifully and, I swear, she is sometimes picking my brain.


http://themerimeegirls.blogspot.com/2012/04/ugly-box.html

From a site I enjoy:  Giggle Palooza
"hate is a disease...symptoms are, jealousy, judgments, and resentments...please do not allow yourself to be contaminated...very contagious and spreads quickly!"
I will continue to try and remain positive, move forward...  It's really all anyone can do.  It isn't easy - and it certainly isn't "fair" - but not much in life is.  Oh, the month of May will be upon us shortly and the marathon of staying busy continues.... some days I am so thankful to be busy and some days I just want to stay in bed with the covers over my head.   But for the most part, as summed up nicely by Michelle in her post, I am tremendously glad that Ed is no longer in pain and can fish, play guitar and sit in sunshine all day long.  Tonight, we all know he is watching the Draft... and, as he would say, just LTD - Livin' The Dream. 
As Always - Ed's All Star Dream Team can use some good team-mates - won't you join us or consider making a small donation to this outstanding non-profit...   www.purplestride.org/cleveland
A friend pointed out a quote to me this week (which was used by someone in a means to shame me) and it made me curious as to who actually wrote the quote...  Turns out it showed up as Author Unknown, but I thought I would expound on it and add the rest of the quote.  Because regardless of which side of the battle you are on - it's a good quote.   And, I don't feel shame, because like the person who posted the quote, I feel that I am right and they are wrong?!  It is a lose-lose for sure.
Standing for what you believe in, regardless of the odds against you, and the pressure that tears at your resistance, ...means courage

Keeping a smile on your face, When inside you feel like dying, for the sake of supporting others,
...means strength

Stopping at nothing, and doing what's in your heart, you know is right, ...means determination

Doing more than is expected, to make anothers life a little more bearable, without uttering a single complaint, ...means compassion

Helping a friend in need, no matter the time or effort, to the best of your ability, ...means loyalty

Giving more than you have, and expecting nothing but nothing in return, ...means selflessness

Holding your head high, and being the best you know you can be when life seems to fall apart at your feet, facing each difficulty with the confidence that time will bring you better tomorrows, and never giving up, ...means confidence.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment will be reviewed prior to publication; all comments that are non-offensive will be published as submitted.