Always Fighting for the Love of My Life

Edward J. Demyan; Pancreatic Cancer Victim; Supported and written by MaryKaye Mackulin, who loved him.
RIP my sweet man ... 1963 - 2011





Monday, January 30, 2012

Jan. 31, 2006 E-mail Exchange

Here is an e-mail exchange between Ed and myself from exactly six years ago...   I was worried we were not going to have the money we needed for the deposit on the hall for our reunion, and I joked that I'd have to go out and hook for the money.  The following is regarding this issue...  when you read the last e-mail from Ed, I think on some level, that's when I KNEW he had the potential to be "The One" - that was exactly the sense of humor I needed coupled with being an adult...  Just the exact right mix of fun & work....  That was us.!
 
 
 -----Original Message-----From: Marykaye Mackulin > Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 11:57 AM
To:  ED DEMYAN;
Subject:  Bad News,
Well, Here is our biggest problem, Brookridge wants a
deposit of $XXX when we sign the contract - If we
could get at least the committee members to pay
their fee right now, then we can cover the deposit (with
me putting in $ XXX up front - that's all I can afford
at this time). You guys have to let me know ASAP if
you can get me a check so I can re-contact Brookridge
and set up a date to sign the contract with the $$$!
I was going to do it this Sat., however,
I doubt I'll have $XXX by then.
 
Maybe I can go work the corner for the good of the cause!
Mary Kaye - Bearer of Bad News!
 
 From: ED DEMYAN  wrote:
I think you'll make more than $XXX as long as it's
not the Spudnuts corner. :) LOL Should I mail you a
check or are you going to be around the Brooklyn
area so I can get you the $55?
 
From: Marykaye Mackulin
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 1:01 PM
To: ED DEMYAN
Subject: RE: $$

Ed - We must have crossed e-mails, don't worry about
the $$$ till March 3 meeting, if you cannot make that
meeting we will catch up with the $$ the next time.

It's all good - No corners for me this year! MK :)
 
 
From:
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 1:21 PM
To: "Marykaye Mackulin"

 
Glad to hear you're not working the corners. I know it's glamorous and all but it's hard work. :)
I will see you at the March 3rd meeting and pay up. Thanks, Ed


"I know it's glamorous and all but it's hard work"... OMG, How hilarious is that !!!  And, so we continued getting to know each other with every e-mail, every phone conversation and every little get together over the next 90 days until that infamous night at the Mad Cactus on 4/21/2006....   After this e-mail exchange, I saw him on February 3rd at the Parma Tavern to see the band The Dynasoars....   He wasn't supposed to be there - but he showed up anyway...   He walked me to my car that night and I distinctly remember being a little bit disappointed that he didn't try to kiss me...  That did not happen until the Mad Cactus night...  When he uttered his infamous pick-up line....   "I'm gonna get you drunk tonight"... in which I replied "You don't have to!"   And then he admitted he wanted to kiss me way back in Feb. at the Parma Tavern, but was afraid that I didn't "like him like that"...   Which is o.k., it all happened in it's own good time! 

Such romantics huh... yeah, not exactly the stuff of great poetry, but as honest and as sincere as it gets!  And as most of you know, from 4/21/2006 up until his last breath on 8/17/2011 we talked every single day, usually 4 times a day (or more)....   RIP Baby, missing you as these anniversary dates have arrived....  You are in my mind and heart always. xo




2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the love that you and Ed have/had for each other. I think that by everything you write, it keeps his love, memory, and legacy alive with you forever. What you both had was truly special. It is seen in the photos you post, and in the words you wrote to each other. Special. Unique. Unconditional. Respectful. Once in lifetime love......I think that what you and Ed shared in the short time you were together.....many people can never achieve or feel that in a lifetime. I pray for peace for you MK. You are a very remarkable woman. I truly feel that Ed is with you always. Soemtimes, it might feel like it is hard to feel him, but I somehow know that you do. You know he is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura for the continued kind words. And, yes, I do know he is with me! It was short, but it was so awesome and I am thankful every day that we had each other for this journey... xo

    ReplyDelete

Comment will be reviewed prior to publication; all comments that are non-offensive will be published as submitted.