Always Fighting for the Love of My Life

Edward J. Demyan; Pancreatic Cancer Victim; Supported and written by MaryKaye Mackulin, who loved him.
RIP my sweet man ... 1963 - 2011





Wednesday, July 25, 2012

14 Famous Faces of Pancreatic Cancer, Still Not Enough.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/pancreatic-cancer-celebrities_n_1700645.html


When - When - When will this cancer be taken seriously - How many annual deaths make it worth looking into.  When will the Government and The Media give us the same respect they give the Pink.  I am furious about this today - FURIOUS - I know I am angry because we are sitting on Ed's 1 year anniversary - I should never, never have had to loose him to this disease - but because the powers that be do not take it seriously - he is gone.  Lost forever to a disease that could be fought if those who have been granted the power wanted it to be fought.

Who has to die - WHO?  Steve Jobs obviously wasn't enough to get it the attention it needs - Patrick Swayze obviously wasn't enough - a renowned heart physician and another great surgeon here in the CLE is not enough - Dr. Randy Pausch who's lecture on dying is world renowned.... not enough...  A Pink Floyd band member, a Deep Purple band member, a local and beloved sports announcer, a world renowned Tenor - WHO?  A MLB baseball coach, several famous actors.........   Who does it have to be????  I mean, surely, none of the powers that be give a crap about an extraordinary middle-age man from Cleveland - SO WHO I ask?

When?   W H E N ????   Research - WE need Research - we need it NOW.  Or the next generation will be typing these same words and replacing it with their idols, parents, siblings and children's names .....




RIP to them all.........   But for me personally, to the man of my dreams, because that is the only place he exists now.  ILYB....... me xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment will be reviewed prior to publication; all comments that are non-offensive will be published as submitted.