Always Fighting for the Love of My Life

Edward J. Demyan; Pancreatic Cancer Victim; Supported and written by MaryKaye Mackulin, who loved him.
RIP my sweet man ... 1963 - 2011





Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chardon Ohio You Are In My Prayers

Dear Chardon Ohio and the Families Suffering From This Tragic Event,
You are all in my thoughts and prayers.  As the mother of a teenage daughter, I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through.  I am sad that your future will now be filled with more grief than you will be able to seem to bear.  You will bear it, because it is what we do.  This is just so incredibly senseless.  My daughter is in a private learning facility now, partly because of bullying issues partly because of her learning disability - school size was to big to manage by faculty & staff and she was so incredibly sad....  She is so well adjusted now and pretty much loving her new program.  Bullying is an epidemic, not unlike the cancer that stole my beloved.  There was no way in hell I was going to watch my only child continue to decline because of her daily environment, it was more than I could handle during my grieving over Ed.  I am NOT saying that bullying was an issue in the Chardon situation, it just keeps coming up.  It sounds more to me like the young man doing the shooting had severe issues and no one headed the warning signs.  I am a single Mom, but I pay close attention to my daughters attitudes and try and help her the best I can.  Too bad this young man didn't have the guidance he needed.  Grandparent's are awesome, but they are older and less wise to the ways of the world in this modern-tech filled century, in my opinion (again, my opinion).  My chest just aches.
RIP you three young men taken entirely too soon.  And a speedy recovery, both physically and mentally, to the two students still recovering.
And to all the families involved... find prayer, find support and love your family. 
Peace MK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment will be reviewed prior to publication; all comments that are non-offensive will be published as submitted.