Always Fighting for the Love of My Life

Edward J. Demyan; Pancreatic Cancer Victim; Supported and written by MaryKaye Mackulin, who loved him.
RIP my sweet man ... 1963 - 2011





Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11 cool

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I love the date today, it's cool.

Ed has had a horrific week, sick every day - this chemo kicked his non-existent butt. I don't think he will be able to handle this treatment for any length of time. It is hard to watch him suffer, I do not handle it very graciously, unfortunately. Again, I get more mad than anything. I want the medicine to work, but not if it's going to make him so sick - Ugh. We really need to get him to Cali for that testing -I know it's foolish to think he will get any better, but hope is all you have when you are in this situation. I think his boy's are going to plan another fundraiser so hopefully we can get to the testing pronto. He was too sick to do anything last night, but that was o.k., staying home on NYE is no biggy for me. I actually watched Eclipse and really enjoyed it, I love me some vampire/werewolf action. I even watched it a 2nd time, but fast forwarded through the boring parts so I could turn on Dick Clark exactly 3 minutes b4 midnight - then went to bed - Ha. Forgot to wave money at the moon at midnight though, awwwww, no prosperity this year, guess we are not winning the lotto, bummer.

Today I will be having pork at my Mom's - Yummy ;) My favorite meal of the year is pork & sauerkraut & dumplings... mmmmmmmmmm... then, the big day tomorrow, for me personally, the BROWNS -V- STEELERS GAME - Hooray... Hoping Ed feels better tomorrow! He had his injection for white blood cell production yesterday morning so hoping that it kicks in & he feels better for the game. I will be sporting my very large (2x was all they had left) Hillis Jersey... Yeah. Ed asked me yesterday, if we make it to the Super Bowl, you gonna wear your Hillis Jersey, Um, Duh... Hell ya! I can pretend there is Brown & Orange on the field, I have a great imagination. I at least hope one of my favorite teams makes it to the SB so I can actually cheer for a team I like. We will find out soon........ Yeah Football!

Have a nice weekend everybody.... Monday it's back to the same-old, same-old, so enjoy today & tomorrow as much as you can.

Cheers........ MK & Ed xo

1 comment:

  1. I continue to pray my love! I too, LOVE New Year's Day dinner at Aunt Donna's. It is one of my favorites as well. Pork, sauerkraut and dumplings... you bet baby!!! YUUUUUM! HUGS to you both. When you need anything, please let me know.
    Love ya~
    G

    ReplyDelete

Comment will be reviewed prior to publication; all comments that are non-offensive will be published as submitted.