Always Fighting for the Love of My Life

Edward J. Demyan; Pancreatic Cancer Victim; Supported and written by MaryKaye Mackulin, who loved him.
RIP my sweet man ... 1963 - 2011





Friday, April 8, 2011

B-Spot Strongsville - Awesome!

Usual Disclaimer - no spell check, expect errors & type-o's folks:

Oh, what a lovely day for a burger man. Yes, I know it's Lent; Yes, I know we should not have been eating meat today; Yes, I know most of you don't give a crap. But what a great lunch. I had the pink-squirrel, which was fab - u - lous, the Lola fries and the Brueben burger - best burger I have had since back in the day's of stopping at Whitey's on the way to Blossom - circa mid '80's! Ed had the simple salad, which he enjoyed very much, currently his taste-buds are all into lettuce. He also ordered a Brat, but it wasn't agreeing with him. No prob's there - brought home the leftovers and Paige had them gone within 15 min's of getting off the bus. I am too stoked to have a Michael Symon joint in our neighborhood. I love, love Lolita, have planned two business dinners there over the years for work in the private room and they were both just awesome! So Hooray Chef Symon and welcome to the 'ville!

I have been so excited about the Bspot opening in Strongsville that I knew I wanted to try it immediately! So, seeing that it has been open all of 3 days, I think we did pretty well on getting there. We tried to plan it so our wait would be minimal, I took 1/2 day off from work so Ed and I could have a neat lunch experience. And, neat it was! Our server was just a super, sweet bubbly blonde - she must have thought I was crazy, I was so giddy when I ordered!

Ed leaves all of us behind in chilly C-town tomorrow to go to the FL, Keys for 7 glorious days of sun with 7 of his boys. Needless to say, I am not thrilled about this little adventure. I worry endlessly about him when I am not around him, I know he will be fine, but my worry-gene is in super-high gear right now. On the bright-side, he did see his Oncologist yesterday and they were impressed with how well he is maintaining his weight and that he still, *wait for it* "looks so good". We all know how much I love it when people say that. He will get a CT when he returns from FL, then will reconsider starting another round of Chemo. He got a new prescrption for a higher does pain killer, hoping this works better than the last one. It will be difficult for him to sit through his upcoming flights if it doesn't work well. Rob and Cigar, you are the two I trust the most to be his "Mom", make sure he rests and remind him to take his Creon when he eats! Love you boys much, I know Ed is really excited to hit the road tomorrow. You know you love someone when you are willing to take them to the airport at 4:30 a.m.! And love that boy I do.

So, again, not much on the disease today, as things have not changed much recently - the pain is horrific, some points being as high as a 10 - the sleep doesn't come, and when it does, his phone will always ring - he eats as much as he can, when he can - and he remains fairly positive these days even though I know he is exhausted. Our hope with the new pain meds is for him to get some much needed & solid sleep. I know the Vitamin D from the warm FL sun will be great therapy for him as well.

Oh, and Ed's All Star Dream Team has raised $1200 already for our Purple Stride event at the Cleveland Zoo on June 18th! The link to our team is at the top of the page to the right of the posts - join us if you can!

With Love & Blessings - Ed and MK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment will be reviewed prior to publication; all comments that are non-offensive will be published as submitted.