Always Fighting for the Love of My Life

Edward J. Demyan; Pancreatic Cancer Victim; Supported and written by MaryKaye Mackulin, who loved him.
RIP my sweet man ... 1963 - 2011





Thursday, September 2, 2010

September 2010 - What's happening....

Hello Everyone.... It's been a few weeks, but there has not been much to tell other than Radiation everyday with weekly chemo sucks about as much as you could possibly imagine. Ed doesn't sleep well, has an upset stomach about 99.9% of the time, is very tired, and, well, just not our "Ed" that we all know and love so much. He has completed 19 days of radiation and will have his last day on 9/23/2010... Following that, he will be off of radiation for 1 month. Next, our hope is a CT scan will be done in late October (I guess this gives the tumor shrinkage time). He will most likely continue on weekly chemo, however. After CT scan in late October, they will determine if he is a candidate for surgery.... We can only hope/pray! Cancer is a bitch of a mistriss and I hate that she is steeling my man from me... I have not had nearly enough time with him, I want MORE. Oh, I'm selfish by the way.

Other than that, we are looking forward to Labor Day Weekend - actually starting tonight with the Browns-V-Bears, we are taking Paige & Kalista to their first NFL game, hopefully the weather holds out for us. Friday is, of course, High School Football night with Ed going to the Brooklyn game and myself going to the Strongsville-V-Mentor game. We will continue our weekend with Taste-of-Cleveland on Sat. late afternoon with Michael Stanley on stage that night - Yeah for me (not so much for Ed, sooooo not a Michael fan). However, Dar and I will be in the 6th row being goof-balls! Sunday we have a family/friend picnic and on Monday we get to meet Logan, Nanci's beautiful new baby boy :)~

As most of you know, Ed and I, we love, LOVE, football.... So today I get an e-mail from our Best Benefits group through work... 4 club seat tickets available for Browns home opener against KC on 9/19... 1/2 price.... Hooray - I got two... I'm so excited about that. Would have loved to snag the 4 they had for the 1/2/11 game against Pittsburgh, but they went within 2 minutes of the e-mail being sent out... I called 4 minutes after the e-mail was sent, ugh. Day late/Dollar short.

Well, Wishing you all a very Safe and Fun Labor Day Weekend.... Please keep up the prayers and sending that good karma to my sweet Edward... I believe it helps.

November is officially Pancreatic Cancer Awareness month.... check out pancan.org to see how you can help! On Friday, 9/10/2010 George Clooney is hosting a telethon to raise money for cancer research... You gotta love that beautiful man from Cincinnati Ohio! We will be at Paula's wedding on 9/10... but I'll DVR that show and see what we can do to help!

Love to you all...... MK & Ed & Girls xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment will be reviewed prior to publication; all comments that are non-offensive will be published as submitted.